Our company’s status has just gone from shaky to almost non-existent. It recently announced that it’s closing for good.What now? The questions start coming in, wrapped in confusion, sealed with doubt.
The operation of the business will still continue but in a different set up this time. The current company will close and the finances will be handled by an offshore company and they’re offering all of us to do work on a work-from-home basis. With this, our status changed to unemployed, technically.
I’ve listed the advantages and disadvantages to better understand the reality of the situation:
1. No more waking up early in the morning. Now, we can just wake up and get right to work — without even taking a bath! ^_^
2. We get a separation pay: 1 month per year of service. Yeah!
3. We get to bring our office PC home and get to own it after a year.
4. We cut down on gasoline consumption and fare.
5. No more daily visits to the malls.
6. We can watch TV while working.
7. We can…(think)..(think)..I think that’s about it.hehe
1. We have to pay for the electricity and net connection.
2. We will be able to get our separation pay after a year unless we resign. (dull)
3. If the computer breaks down, we have to pay for it. Great.
4. We will eventually get bored, having no one to talk to and no personal interaction. Camaraderie will eventually slip into oblivion.
5. No more gossips, spur-of-the-moment chitchats and casual banters and laughs. So much for our social skills.
6. No more daily visits to the malls.
7. No more boyfie.
8. No more boyfie.
9. No more boyfie.
Need I say more?
“Hi, we’re Bambi and Kylie and we’re unemployed.”