2 fillets of Cream Dory
3 green pepper (cut into chunks)
3 tomatoes (cut into chunks)
1/2 large onion (cut into chunks)
1 can pineapple chunks
extra virgin olive oil
1/4 cup cornstarch
1 egg, beaten
6 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1 tsp salt
1 pinch black pepper
Sweet and Sour Sauce:
1/2 cup vinegar
1/3 cup sugar
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 cup pineapple juice
Juice of 1/2 lemon
1 tbsp cornstarch
- Cut fillets into chunks.
- Toss them with cornstarch, making sure to coat all sides.
- In a separate bowl, mix egg, oil, salt and pepper. Add in water a little at a time, just until it reaches a smooth consistency.
- Dip each fillet chunk and fry in olive oil.
- Set aside for later.
- Heat oil in a pan and saute onions and peppers just until fragrant and tender. Add in tomatoes to avoid from overcooking. Set aside for later.
- In a separate bowl, mix vinegar, sugar, salt, pineapple juice, juice of 1/2 lemon and ketchup.
- Let it boil over low heat. Let it simmer for 10 minutes. Dissolve cornstarch in a little juice and pour over batter. Simmer until sauce starts to thicken. Adjust flavor according to your desired taste.
- Add the veggies back in and this time, add the fish fillets as well.
- Serve and enjoy.
*Got this recipe from BlogChef but revised it a bit to make do with the only available ingredients that we had.