2 pcs Chicken breast fillet
2 pcs calamnsi, juiced
1 clove garlic, minced
1 egg, beaten
2 cups Bread Crumbs
Salt & Pepper
1 cup Vegetable Oil
- In a bowl, mix calamansi juice, salt and pepper, garlic and egg.
- In another bowl, place the bread crumbs.
- Heat the oil in a deep fryer pan.
- Coat the chicken fillet in the egg mixture.
- Coat the chicken fillet in bread crumbs, completely covering all sides.
- Drop in hot oil and fry till golden brown. (Repeat procedure for remaining chicken fillets)
1 tbsp oil
1 clove garlice, pounced
1 whole white onion, julienned
1 small (thumb-size) ginger, julienned
1 tbsp vinegar
1 cup water
3 tbsp soy sauce
1 tbsp oyster sauce
1 tbsp sugar
1/2 cup mirin
3 tbsp cornstarch in 1 tbsp water
- Heat oil in pan.
- Sautee garlic, ginger and onion in oil.
- Add vinegar.
- Add remaining ingredients except for cornstarch.
- Simmer the mixture for 2-3 minutes.
- Add in the cornstarch-water mixture.
- Simmer to slightly thicken.
- Carefully break an egg into the simmering mixture. Make sure not to break the yolk. You can spoon the mixture over the egg to hasten cooking but do not stir.
- Fill a bowl with rice.
- Top it with the chicken cooked earlier.
- Carefully scoop out the cooked egg from the katsudon sauce and place it on top of the chicken.
- Spoon some of the Katsudon sauce over the rice.
- Enjoy ^_^